Center for the Study of Democracy
A leading Bulgarian non-profit organization seeks an energetic, well-organized, and detail-oriented person to fill the role of Communications Officer. This is a full-time position based at the organization’s headquarters in Sofia, Bulgaria. The position provides a unique opportunity for a self-starter with initiative to strengthen the strategic communications program at an established think tank seeking to reconfirm brand identity, increase audience, raise profile, and maximize impact. The Communications Officer would manage day-to-day operations in developing content, media relations, engagement in public policy events, website and social media, and internal communications.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities
- Website: Coordinate the organization’s website along with potential redesign initiatives; optimize content for discovery and user experience
- Social media: Curate content across Facebook, LinkedIn, and investigate new platforms
- Blogging and Video: Write blog posts and develop and curate original video content (video editing skills is a plus)
- Events: Work with others in the organization to put on strategically defined, high-impact events, both public and invitation-only workshops, conferences, and panel-discussions
- Media relations: Write and distribute press releases, maintain database of media contacts, develop strategies for connecting experts and media contacts; manage media inquiries
- Internal communications: Help develop and maintain systems of communication within the organization and its board; work with others within the organization to implement communications initiatives and processes.