|Judicial Strengthening Initiative Project Announced a New Round of Small Grants Competition
|On 26 May, 2005, the Judicial Strengthening Initiative Project announced a new round for submitting proposals for projects in areas related to improving the work of courts and enhancing the quality of public services provided by the judiciary system in Bulgaria. The nongovernmental organizations interested in the competition are invited to attend an information session, which will take place on 3 June, 2005, at 1 p.m. at Grand Hotel Sofia.
The Judicial Strengthening Initiative Project (JSI) aims at strengthening the ability of the judicial system to deliver services in a more effective, transparent, accountable and predictable way. It is financed by the US Agency for International Development (USAID) and is implemented by the East West Management Institute.
Major requirements towards the submitted proposals:
Budget: 3 000 to 25 000 USD
Implementation period: 4 to 9 months
Sample project areas:
1. Open and transparent courts
2. Education of citizens’ groups regarding the work of the courts, the judiciary, etc.
3. Improving the work of the courts’ administration
4. Preparation of draft proposals for a new legislature or changes in the existing legislature
5. Improving the access to information regarding the work of the courts and enhancing the public image of the judiciary
6. Information technologies and the courts
7. Civil society and the courts: creating citizens’ groups to monitor the work of the courts, etc.
Deadline for project proposals submission: 28 June, 2005.
More information about the competition, the information session and the application forms could be obtained at:
Judicial Strengthening Initiative Project
2A Saborna Str., fl. 6, Sofia 1000
phone: (+359 2) 984 87 40; fax: (+359 2) 984 87 55,
web page: www.ewmi-bg.com, email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Full text of the competition announcement (only in Bulgarian) (MS Word, 55 Kb)
Standard Requirements about Grants and Cooperative Agreements to Non-Governmental Organizations financed by the US Agency for International Development (PDF, 530 Kb)