On August 26, 2009 Sociological Program at the Center for the Study of Democracy, launched a project Improving the IT Services for the Integration Policies of the Republic of Bulgaria with Respect to Citizens of Third Countries. The project is being implemented with the financial support of the European Union through the European Fund for Integration of third country nationals.
Some of the key activities set out in the project are:
- Research and analysis of existing tools for monitoring of policies and measures for integration and assessment schemes and their effects on the informational needs of institutions and organizations that carry out integration policies and practices.
- Developing a methodology to improve the surveillance of the policy on integration of the country nationals and the schemes to assess their effects on TCN.
- Research and analysis of needs, problems, satisfaction and expectations of third country nationals, with particular emphasis on newcomers in respect of policies and practices for their integration, and study the demand for services by immigrants at the local level.
- Research and analysis of the level of awareness, commitment issues, attitudes and reactions of the host society in terms of the ongoing integration policies and practices.
* This document was created with financial support from the European Fund for Integration of third country nationals, financed by the European Union. Overall responsibility for the content of the document lies with the Center for the Study of Democracy and under no circumstances can be considered that this document reflects the official opinion of the European Union and the Contracting Authority.