- The Legal Interaction Alliance /LIA/ is a non-profit
organization based in Sofia. Lawyers from the National Assembly,
the Government, the Judiciary and the Bar are founders of the
The aims of LIA are as follows:
- Endorsement of the principles and standards of the rule of law
in the Republic of Bulgaria.
- Efficient legal and information interaction among the
legislative, the judiciary and the executive branches.
- Harmonization of Bulgarian legislation with the legislation of
the European Community and the commitments undertaken by Bulgaria
in compliance with International Law.
In order to fulfil its aims the LIA:
- Develops and updates programs concerning the legal and
information interaction among the legislative, the judiciary and
the executive branches as well as programs concerning the
harmonization of Bulgarian with European Community Law and the
commitments Bulgaria has undertaken in compliance with
- Develops and updates programs for acquisition of high
professional qualification of all lawyers.
- Organizes and trains professionals in the legislative, the
judiciary and the executive branches in compliance with the aims of
- Works in co-operation with national and international
organizations with similar aims.
- Establishes a fund for financing the aims of the alliance.
- Publishes materials.
- Establishes contacts with legal institutions and universities
including exchange of lecturers and training programmers.
JRI page | CSD main page